Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Scan Folder Backup

4074 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: 2020-10-01 08:32:17

•   Level 2   
    (29) points
    Iban Diaz
    2019-03-24 20:31:04
    Hi.. Somebody has the solution to do the backup to the "Scan" folder.. The ES File Explorer show me the next error .. " your system forbids ES File Explorer from writing on external SD card (check https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=67570), so ES can only write on it after ROOTED".....But we can't root the device by warranty .. Regards

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    Terry

2019-09-04 21:30:45 (Reply to:Iban Diaz)

Is there any solution to this problem yet

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-09-10 04:36:28 (Reply to:Iban Diaz)

Try backing up the Scan folder to a 32gb USB thumb drive. I looked at the back of a Maxi Sys Elite and didn't see a quick access cover for the micro SD card slot like a MaxiSys Pro has on the side . Didn't see instructions how to take out the Elite's  battery to add SD card in slot in the User manual. Removed  6 tiny torx headed screws and removed a battery access cover. The Battery lifts away at bottom and you can slide downwards but on a short leash of a harness with connector, but you leave it connected, and you have enough room to plug in a 32gb micro SD card. I don't want to have to delete a bunch of makes of smaller file car app software each time to get BMW and Mercedes updates to fit, and then have to re download all those smaller deleted car apps all over again and hope it all fits is just wacked out.

http://pro.autel.com:6688/autelsupport/Diagnostic%20System/22239.jhtml?logoTypeId=1127&typeName=MaxiSys%20Elite

Does any one know whether or not the BMW updates now will automatically install on the added SD card in a Maxi Sys Elite like they do on a Maxi Sys Pro so it doesn't run out of space and BMW or Mercedes update downloads fail?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-09-14 16:05:20 (Reply to:witsend)

Well, I also tried a scan folder back up to a  USB thumb drive after updating my System version and Lib Com on my new Maxi Sys Elite. My system with current V3.65 will not allow ES Explorer to write to external storage (USB thumb drive) to make a Scan Folder backup, even though you get messages for updates strongly urging you to create to backup my software.
       It wasn't a complete waste of time though, the process of  trying to figure out if I have enough storage space or not to fit 42 updates, and where the micro SD slot is actually hidden at , I was pleasantly surprised to find the battery listing 15400 mah vs 13600mah and internal memory size over 53gb versus spec of 32gb listed for MaxiSys Elite . Maybe a Beta unit? SSSShhhh Quiet ! This might be a BETA unit of a coming Elite S?   Unannounced Improvements to MaxiSYS Elite? . Remote desk worked. (Team Viewer V14.3) Thumbs Up.
      Don't like that The power button on this doesn't glow like my MS908P when pressed to acknowledge powering up so I pressed it a second time and the touch screen  acted goofy a few seconds rolling from one side to another. I shut it off and powered it up again and screen seemed fine, but hoping the screen isn't going to become a future issue. I once in a while notice slight changes to intensity of back lighting but these supposed to automatically adjust to changing  lighting conditions  and to your finger like a 70's mood ring , so if you're a Bi Polar Lunatic you'll probably have to send it in for repairs, LOL.
      In ES Explorer,  About tablet , Kernel  version 3.4.57 root @autel-virtual machine#1 Sat May 1116.55:58 CST 2019.
    Out of box un-registered the car apps should already  have all black buttons.

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    Terry

2019-09-21 22:12:15

use usb drive upto 32gb to backup scan folder as maxisys does not recognise micro SD cards larger than 32gb also does not recognise usb drive larger than 32gb

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-09-23 01:40:45 (Reply to:Terry)

I used the same 32 GB USB thumbdrive formatted in FAT 32 that I had backed up my MS908Pscan folder in the past.  Iban Diaz is absolutely correct about the current system on MaxiSys Elite preventing ES Explorer from writing to an external SD card(or external USB storage)despite prompts strongly recommending you to backup the software. It writes for a short period and then aborts :-(

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-10-23 05:04:06 (Reply to:witsend)

I went into settings, scrolled down clicked system settings, scrolled down , clicked on developer options , and checked USB debugging. I tried again but the copy failed.
      I noticed one of  the USB ports on top has a SS next to the USB Trident symbol,so I figured it probably is a USB 3.0 port, so I bought a  new SanDisk Ultra 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive and tried that in the USB SS port and it seemed to appear to stall copying on occasion but it continued on and worked out and did the scan folder backup in about 2 hours, so it's worth paying several dollars more IMO to be able to cut the copy time substantially.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2019-10-25 19:06:00

What I do is connect the Tablet to the Computer USB port>> Open My Computer>> and copy the whole folder and save it where every you want to.............As soon as you plug your Tablet to the computer it will show up the drive also if you have installed the external SD Card it will show up you can copy them all and save it...........if anything goes wrong you can always paste them back there and you are good to goooooooooooooo............

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-10-25 22:14:34 (Reply to:Ashraf)

I tried that with Windows 10 and it went into a analytical process of calculating the time required to copy the files and it seemed to still be hung up with the same process after 30 minutes with nothing copying , so I aborted .

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2019-10-26 20:20:43 (Reply to:witsend)

LOL......I still use my W7 and it works fine for me although it takes bit long but, it dose the job................
  Total2 Pages